TCO Haverford, well stocked?

franklin

franklin

How well stocked is the TCO shop in Haverford? Especially fly tying materials? I was in their previous location in the area years ago but they were quite small and only a fraction of what they stocked at other locations. With the demise of so many shops this might be my closest option these days.

Hoping the store is comparable to the other stores.

I think they have more than the old shop with regards to fly tying materials...or so it appears? I've never gone there looking for anything super obscure though. They've always seemed to have a decent range of materials/hooks/beads/feathers in various colors and sizes - but I wouldn't say its massive or very extensive. I'd say its the more popular items / most used items for fly tying.

If you need specific materials, just call them ahead of time - they'll see if they have it at the location or they can order in whatever you want directly from their suppliers. They also will call another TCO store and bring whatever you need over in a day or so if its stocked in one of their other locations.

Staff there have always been super helpful and they will take the time to make sure you get what you're looking for.

bradtheflyfisherman wrote:
I think they have more than the old shop with regards to fly tying materials...or so it appears? I've never gone there looking for anything super obscure though. They've always seemed to have a decent range of materials/hooks/beads/feathers in various colors and sizes - but I wouldn't say its massive or very extensive. I'd say its the more popular items / most used items for fly tying.

If you need specific materials, just call them ahead of time - they'll see if they have it at the location or they can order in whatever you want directly from their suppliers. They also will call another TCO store and bring whatever you need over in a day or so if its stocked in one of their other locations.

Staff there have always been super helpful and they will take the time to make sure you get what you're looking for.

Thanks. I don't have a particular item that I can call them for. I'm looking to tie up some attractor nymphs and walking through a shop like they have in SC gives me ideas. Also new stuff comes out that I can check out in a store.

Yes I do order from them and they are great. Also helps out local shops which are important to keep alive.

If tomorrow is a washout on SE PA maybe I'll take a drive over and check them out.

I’m in the Haverford store frequently. I would say they have a solid selection of fly tying materials. Good group of guys in there as well, friendly and helpful.

Never got to the store so when I got home I placed an order with them online. I added a few items to my order to get the free shipping. Order still hasn't shipped a week later. Frustrating. I stopped by the Evening Hatch in the Poconos Saturday and picked up the items I needed.

Back