Swatara Myerstown creeks

G

gentleshepherd

I have to come down and visit a client right off of 78 and will be coming down 501. Looking for a place to try out some fly fishing. Not looking to spot burn or anything , just a quick trip through tomorrow. Could anyone PM with a spot or 2 to stop.

Thanks.

The Little Swatara along 501 is pretty junky...frog water and lots of farming impact to the stream.

Assuming you're coming down 81 from Shamokin? Better bet may be to just try to the main stem of the Swatara in Swatara SP or Jonestown area. It's WW...expect Fallfish and Bass.

The upper section of the Tully runs through Myerstown. Some of it's posted, but there's an open section through the middle of town. Not the most scenic stretch of water, but it's there, a limestoner, and has fish in it. It's stocked, but has a surprise or two as well.

The Tully was just recently stocked in the Myerstown stretch and above and below. Check the PFBC stocking schedule for the stocking limits. I think there may be a link to a map too, but I have not checked that out to be sure.

Thanks. I will give it a shot in my travels.

Back