Swatara Creek question

robkonowitch

robkonowitch

If I wanted to go out on Sunday, what are the odds that the Swatara would yield results? What should I throw?

Tough to say. There's been some cold mornings, but the Bass may still bite. I would think they've probably either headed to, or started to head to their more Winter haunts...slower, deeper water as opposed to the mid-current bouldery stuff they like in the Summer.

I'd throw something big and heavy and fish it deep and slow. Very slow. Just drifting/bouncing off the bottom in a natural dead drift almost, just lifting the rod tip enough to keep it moving.

Swattie87 wrote:
Tough to say. There's been some cold mornings, but the Bass may still bite. I would think they've probably either headed to, or started to head to their more Winter haunts...slower, deeper water as opposed to the mid-current bouldery stuff they like in the Summer.

I'd throw something big and heavy and fish it deep and slow. Very slow. Just drifting/bouncing off the bottom in a natural dead drift almost, just lifting the rod tip enough to keep it moving.

Agree with this. ^
The bass season in creeks is pretty much over and small rivers of this size likely have bass in deeper pools or not at all in longer sections of shallow water.

Thanks for asking the question and the answers. I fished the Susquehanna yesterday from Rt 30 to Rt 462 and got skunked. I'm going to blame it on the cooler weather.

Back