Swabia Creek

F

flyfisheringman

Im thinking about trying to flyfish there tomorrow. Does anybody know how good it is. i have looked at it and it is kinda a narrower stream. I think it will be good. suggestions, thoughts thanks

I fished it from mack trucks upstream into macungie. Chub city is the only way to describe it. It is awesome looking water with tons of springs feeding it but the meat hunters hit it hard. As for other sections of the stream they look rather hard to access to me.

Not sure if your looking to creel fish or are catch and release but there is much nicer water within 15 minutes of this stream.

Which would be the best stream to go to around there if i wanted the best chance at catching wilds.

The Little Lehigh has wild fish thru out and the Parkway has oodles of them.

Ced..a...oh, nevermind.

Bumpin an oldie.

Took the gf and kids to a park on the upper reaches of this creek yesterday. Took the rod thinking what the hell, knew next to nothing about the place. Pleasantly surprised to find a stocked trout stream with a lot of potential.

Anybody more familiar with this creek think this water has holdovers or is this possibly a candidate for some dinner fishing once it warms up a little bit more??

I saw quite a few large fish that I'm wondering if they would make it through the summer.

I wouldn't fill a stringer or anything but I do like to eat a few trout her and there from our local waters. I think I kept 3 maybe all of last year.

For reference I was well above macungie up toward doe mountain.

Back