surprising catch

daman1277

daman1277

Went fishing in the creek behind the in laws house wanting to try out some new bluegill flies I tied (spiders and such). I never fished it before so before I tied on the flies just tied on a size 8 bait holder hook and a thingamabob bobber to use a nightcrawler to see if there was any fish in this creek. Its only 10 to 12 feet wide and about 2 feetdeep. Well second cast I bobber disappeared. So I set the hook. Only had my 3 weight figuring I'd be fine. Well I set the hook and saw the fish, bam, 9lb carp and before I could even figure how to land it on the 3wt it snapped my 4x tippet like it was limp spaghetti. Well there is now a carp swimming around back there with a bobber. So guess have to bring the 10wt back there for carp. Creek never gets fished by anyone ever. My own untouched carp creek. Now know what some of my summer fishing consists of.

Great find bro, you just never know what's in the water. Lol. I was fishing buffalo creek one day and saw some bright orange thing coming down the stream I stay still and here comes this massively fat Koi, swims right on past me like I wasn't even there, it's was the florescent orange kind as well.

Back