Support a Troop

ryguyfi

ryguyfi

Well I just got word today that a buddy of mine is going to join me for the first day of trout here in 2 weeks. He's in the military, just got engaged, and only gonna be in the area for another year. I told him I'd teach him to fly fish and he was pretty excited. Well I'm planning on giving him a few gifts. I just repaired my rod this afternoon and am just going to give it to him. I also have some extra's hanging around to get him started. I was wondering from all the guys on this board if they'd like to make a donation of some things you might just have laying around with no use. Here's a small list of a few things I'm sure he would appreciate.

5wt reel with line and backing
vest/pack
flies
flybox

Anything you'd be willing to donate I'm sure he would appreciate it. I talked to him on the phone today and he seemed pretty pumped!

Just PM me with anything you'd be willing to part with and we can arrange delivery.

Ryan

I got word from a few members that a vest and some flies are on the way! Thanks for everyone who contacted me so far!!!!!

My buddy had a great time with all the equipment that was donated to him. He said to tell everyone thank you! We got out in the spitting snow and he landed 7 stocked brookies in the afternoon and had a blast doing it. He's officially hooked and looking forward to the next outing.

Thanks again from everyone!

Attachments

• first day 2010 004.jpg
    first day 2010 004.jpg
    968.8 KB · Views: 5
  • first day 2010 011.jpg
    first day 2010 011.jpg
    950.7 KB · Views: 5
Ryan

Did he get to use any of those flies?

I forgot to tell you, to tell him if he trys those orange ants, to be alert and hang on ;-)

PaulG

He used a few of those flies. I know he had some luck with a few of the bead heads and the egg patterns. I told him I'll get him out soon to try out some more of the dries. Thanks again Paul!

Back