Sunglasses help?

mdamm318

mdamm318

Just looking for opinions on sunglasses. Are there any good options around $100. I've been struggling the last few times out with glare. Could spend more if necessary. I've heard that lens color can be important for seeing obstacles on the stream bed.

I have a pair of prescription Costa’s that I like a lot, I’ve had them for a few years but there are other quality options out there now for less. I’ve tried my friends Sunclouds and was pretty impressed. As far as lens color, copper or bronze type works for me on streams. I have gray/blue lenses I use on the Bay and ocean. The copper/bronze creates good contrast in freshwater and gives me a little more light when the sun sets.
If you are active/former military, law enforcement or fire, GovX.com offers good discounts on high end sunglasses.

Just looking for opinions on sunglasses. Are there any good options around $100. I've been struggling the last few times out with glare. Could spend more if necessary. I've heard that lens color can be important for seeing obstacles on the stream bed.
Bite the bullet and buy some Costas. I have a brand new pair now, but my first pair I bought when I was broke in college was from a fly fishing guide clearing slightly used gear on facebook marketplace, essentially brand new costas for $40! Also, stick with brown/copper lenses as it helps you see into freshwater better.

I've been a big fan of Smith/Action Optics. The last pairs I got were their ChromoPop series. Like the 580 from Costa (or is that Maui Jim), the dyes used to filter out light selectively screen out wave lengths so that contrast to spot trouts and underwater objects is greatly increased. Sierra (Trading Post) has sales that sometimes get you under $100.

I have a couple pairs of Sunclouds because I could not bring myself to pay $$$$ for sunglasses after losing two pairs of Ray-Bans a couple years ago (both fell into a lake while fishing/boating). They have worked well for me.

I have a couple pairs of Sunclouds because I could not bring myself to pay $$$$ for sunglasses after losing two pairs of Ray-Bans a couple years ago (both fell into a lake while fishing/boating). They have worked well for me.
Croakies are your friend, my friend! Also what lestrout said, Smith Optics makes some really good glasses too.

Back