Sun Glasses

PhlyPhishMan

PhlyPhishMan

I want to get some sweet shades... I have a bigger melon and am having a hard time finding affordable and wider glasses. Any suggestions??? I want to be able to see better in the water as well (duh)!

I have a pair of Smith Traces that have the interchangeable lenses. I have them for 3 years and I really like the fact I can change out the lenses based on lighting conditions and still see through the water.

Costa Del Mar.... This is all.

When I tried on pairs of sunglasses I must've went through 20 pair till I got one that I liked the fit of. I think its something that you just get the sales clerk to open the display case, and then just start trying on glasses.

Try the Costas' if they have them. I have Smith Action Optics and love them, so try them also if you'd like.

First decide what lense color you want, grey, yellow, amber, etc. Then if poly lenses are fine, or if you want glass lenses. Poly is much lighter, but can scratch easier. I have glass lenses, but don't notice the weight at all, plus they're two years old and not one scratch.

check out Costa Del Mar Hammerheads. I have a big head and they fit me great.

https://www.costadelmar.com/shop/sunglasses/hammerhead-1

I love my Maui Jim's extremely light, polarized lens cut right through the water:

http://www.mauijim.com/lahaina-7089.html

I would HIGHLY suggest Kaenon Rhino or Klemm with amber/copper (C28 or C50) lens. Stay away from the C12 or G12 (copper or grey) as they block way too much light for most fishing applications. They retail for $200 and may be worth that. Watch Sierra Trading Post, Back Country, Ebay, Amazon, etc and you can find them for half that. The Kaenon website has very specific details on frame width, etc. I can personally speak to the widths of Rhino and Klemm both fitting my very fat and wide face. Heck they even fit Shanes fat face. He was shocked at the crystal clarity of the SR-91 lens that they use. You are looking for frame widths of 145mm - 150ish mm.

I've used Smith Optics for years now. Love the interchangeable lenses. I had a pair of Factor Max for years before the Megol material finally broke down... contacted Smith and they exchanged them for a new pair (Factors were discontinued, so I was sent Parallel Max instead).

Used to use Grey/Green lenses, but have found that Copper/Brown/Amber colors work better for me.

I used to ONLY wear oakleys and that its all that I would ever suggest up until a few months ago. I am currently using Native eyeware and I doubt I will be going back to oakley to be honest.

Back