Sun Glasses

BrookieBuster101

BrookieBuster101

I have been using a pair of polarized sunglasses from ****s that cost around 20 bucks, im looking to upgrade in the near future however because a buddy of mine let me use one of his 50 dollar pairs from Cabelas and it was eyeopening. Never the less im looking for a good pair of cost effective glasses. Any pointers out there?

Check out Steep and Cheap

they run bargains all day long in half hour intervals or until the item sells out, whichever comes first. I picked up a $180 pair of polarized Costa Del Mar's for $60 last week. I was the same as you and just bought the $15-20 ones at gander mountain up until now. You will not be disappointed with a great pair, well worth the money.

alright thanks alot ill check it out!

If you wear prescription glasses, a pair of Cocoon clip-ons is also an easy way out. For $30, I've got a great set of polarized glasses now.

They may not be as encompassing as the ones you put on over top, but i also don't look like I'm about to belly up for the earlybird special at the breakfast buffet, either.

I troll www.sierratradingpost.com for deals on sunglasses.

If you want to spend some real cash for a really good pair of sunglasses, go with oakley. I just can't afford $180 on a pair of shades right now.

I like glass so I went with a pair of Coastal Der Mar's, if you are not hard on your equipment they will out last most.

Joe E

There is a great deal on a pair of Smith's in the Swap Forum.

I have another pr of sunglasses for sale:

Smith Techlite ( Glass Lenses) Hideout Model in tortoise frame with Green Mirror Lenses with brown base color – The best for sight fishing streams and rivers. They are used but have no scratches and carry a lifetime gurantee. Also will include sunglass strap. And have case. $75. Retail on these is around $170.

I can send a photo if interested.

Lots of good options out there and there are some great recommendations for good glasses with discounted pricing. I'll second Jay's suggestion of Sierra Trading Post as you can find pretty good deals of stuff from them.

If you are considering dropping $200 or less, check out Maui Jim. MJ Sports have a few models in the $150-$160 range that will do serve you very well. I absolutely love mine.

There was a vendor in Somerset selling a pair with 3 different sets of interchangeable lenses for $100.

Anybody else see that or remember who the dealer was? I was considering buying but didn't have the cash.

I just picked up a pair of FishGillz at my local fly shop. They cost me $40. These are the first pair of polarized glasses i've had in years but I was amazed. They are the amber lenses.

Wally World...10 bucks...buy 3 or 4 for when you lose them, crush them or watch them float away.

Wally World...10 bucks...buy 3 or 4 for when you lose them, crush them or watch them float away

I tend to agree. The more expensive shades might have a performance advantage, but I can't tell you how many times I've launched my el-cheapos off the brim of my hat and into the creek when I forgot they were on top of my head.

Kev

When I started, I bought cheap plastic glasses... I won't go back.

A 99c cord from CVS took care of worrying about losing them in a river.

What about those of us who need bifocals? Has anyone found any really nice prescription sunglasses out there?

I would just wear the cocoon fit overs.

gentleshepherd wrote
What about those of us who need bifocals? Has anyone found any really nice prescription sunglasses out there?

I wear regular sunglasses and contacts for distance. I use a fold down magnifier for my up-close work. Works for me...

gentleshepherd wrote:

I keep a cheap pair of readers in my pack...not sure if its the way to go yet as this is my first season needing them.

Saw THESE though...and they are on sale!

jayL wrote:
I would just wear the cocoon fit overs.

I refuse to wear fit-overs, but the Cocoons clip-ons are killer and only $30.

They make it sort of nose heavy, which is why I put the band around my neck as a just in case.

Back