SUMO Rod Mount

K

krott243

Looking into a sumo rod mount for my truck. Truck has a steel hood and steel cab, question for you guys who have used these. Would you rather have the magnetic or suction version? I will be fishing in the winter a lot. Thanks

My buddy has the suction one and likes it. I've used it a handful of times. Just triple check you have good suction before driving off. I do not trust it for long distance travel but for bouncing from spot to spot it is pretty cool.

I can't ever imagine taking all my gear, putting it on my vehicle and driving around with it. We spend all this money on a rod and reel to have a rock come up while we're driving and crack our rod in half. Just a preference but I'll pull apart my rod and put it in the car if need be, or use one of the interior rod racks.

It's been a few years since anyone has commented on Sumo's suction mount rod racks. Sumo has a video on their site which is entertaining.

http://www.rodmounts.com/sumo-suction/

What is your experience with suction mounts? I've seen too many paint jobs ruined by magnetic devices of all kinds over the years. Signs and car bras for example.

Anyone using a current Sumo product?

Back