Summer rental recommendations for family week vacation

SNJChef

SNJChef

Looking for recommendations for a summer week house rental. Long story short we have a rustic cabin we use a lot, but having 3 daughters.. I would like to find a weekly home rental that includes fly fishing on a very local stream in the summer and resort like atmosphere for my girls. Looking for this to cover July 4th weekend Through July 9th (my daughters b day) any suggestions please let us know.
brob546@comcast.net

Where are you looking exactly?

Hoping to stay with in 2.5 hours of the Philadelphia area.

What do you mean by a "resort" setting? We talking just some poshness in the cabin itself? Or are we talking having touristy stuff around?

Either way, I'd think you'd find something in the Pocono's.

SNJChef wrote:
Looking for recommendations for a summer week house rental. Long story short we have a rustic cabin we use a lot, but having 3 daughters.. I would like to find a weekly home rental that includes fly fishing on a very local stream in the summer and resort like atmosphere for my girls. Looking for this to cover July 4th weekend Through July 9th (my daughters b day) any suggestions please let us know.
brob546@comcast.net

Delaware River Club has a pool for the chick to hang out plus trails etc, or they could just enjoy the river at West Branch Anglers which has a restaurant etc.

or how about Allenberry on the Yellow Breeches ?

or thinking laterally about it, there are a couple of streams on Long Island - Carmens for wild brookies or Connetquot for browns, stocked and wild.

personally, I'd go for Carmans just for the thrill of catching wild brookies - they go up to 17".....

I'll second Allenberry - but I'm biased toward the Cumberland Valley. :)

Not sure about renting a separate home but the resort atmosphere is top notch. It's within your 2.5 hr limit and you can walk out the door to fish the Breeches. Letort, Big Spring, and some mountain brookie streams are minutes away. The PA FF Museum is also there as well as the Appalachian Trail.

For another option, I liked Skytop in the Poconos too. The fishing can't compare but there are a lot of other activities onsite and much fun stuff for kids.

Thanks for the suggestions, I do love sky top! Been there a few times.

Carmans is a river on Long Island NY.

I will let you rent my house and you can fish the Po and Lehigh. Lol

mszoke1802 wrote:
What is Carmans?

a Spring Creek on Long Island NY.

http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/topic/444821-carmans-river-long-island/

fortunately its protected by a County Park - Soundhaven, and DEC regs.

SBecker wrote:
I will let you rent my house and you can fish the Po and Lehigh. Lol

what time do you serve breakfast ?

10am on Weekends

Haha Sbecker! Is there a bar and kitchen menu also?

Sure, but it opens at 11am.

Back