summer doldrums

M

mellowluke

I've got a day free next week and was looking to do some trout fishing. Any recommendations for a quick 1 day trip to scratch the itch? It's late in the season so I assume the D would be the upper stretches, but I can do some driving. Wanted to see any other river systems the site would recommend. NO SPOT BURNING!

Since you have only one day, it may be helpful to our readers to have a general idea of where you're coming from(?). You mention the upper D for a day trip - so I'd assume you live in eastern PA or NEPA?

This information would be helpful.

If you're in SEPA or central PA, may I suggest the Cumberland Valley?
Since you prefer NO SPOT BURNING, I won't mention any streams, but if you bring a thermometer and visit any of the well known waters, you can find many trout fishing opportunities during hot weather.

I’m located in SEPA. 3.5 hours is probably my max. Thanks for your response Dave!

Lehigh Valley limestoners? Temps generally OK to noon on hot days.

Pohopco? Same deal. Temps in low 60's in the AM but gets to 70 in afternoon on hot days - of which there have been plenty.

I took my son up to see his grandparents on Sunday. My Mom just got released from a nursing facility and he has been going up with me for the last 2months to visit. My Mom told my son she was hungry for fish and if he would get her a couple so the boy was good to go so we fished a local stocked stream and just fished the deep holes and runs. The stream was loaded with fish (yes everyone said it was fished out 😀). I had to shut the boy down the water temp was good not the greatest and was worried about killing releases fish. I didn’t take a rod but just a nice couple hours with my Dad and my son. So fish a stocked stream and keep a couple if water temp are up they hold fish too.

Back