Sulphurs on little Lehigh

H

HeavyWater

When do sulphurs generally start on the little Lehigh. I have moved away from the area. But I wanted to take a friend and his boys to see it. Maybe fish it. And I’m tied up the next few weekends. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

I was on the Tohicon this evening Wed. may 4 and there was a pretty good sulfur hatch. I got 4 nice rainbows on parachute sulfur size 12. This is about 20 miles from the little lehigh if it helps.

Thanks for your response. So it must be now or soon. Thanks again. Good luck.

I remember clearly that on Saucon it was May 15-18, year after year. It is preceded by a good hatch of sz. 22 golden beatis.

Thanks for the info on the Saucon. I'll have to try it this week.

Re Teton's report on Sulfurs - those are the bigger, more mustard colored ones. They don't show up much on the LL, though they are in a lot of SE PA streams about now. The later Sulfurs on the LL are the Dorotheas - lighter yellow and size 18.

Re Teton's report on Sulfurs - those are the bigger, more mustard colored ones. They don't show up much on the LL, though they are in a lot of SE PA streams about now. The later Sulfurs on the LL are the Dorotheas - lighter yellow and size 18.
Yes. The earlier in is invaria. Around size 14. I went to the little Lehigh in the 10th. No sulphurs that evening. MYne my internal clock is messed up. Or it’s like a cold spring. And that big rain storm a week ago didn’t help.

Back