Sullivan County freestone/good water temps

wildtrout2

wildtrout2

I fished a Sullivan county freestone yesterday, but fishing was slow. Good news was the stream was still cool, at 60F, although quite low. It was odd, because even the most likely pools/runs that had good water didn't produce like I thought for sure they would. I chased two different, probably 10" fish, that were sitting at the very tail of a couple runs. These trout were easily spooked because of the low water. I had to cover a LOT of stream to get what I did.

I managed 12 natives, which were small, but they were probably the some of the most colorful natives I've caught. The reds were beautiful. We do need rain badly.

Attachments

• IMG_5067.JPEG
    IMG_5067.JPEG
    217.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5062.JPEG
    IMG_5062.JPEG
    211.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I fished a Sullivan county freestone stream yesterday, but fishing was slow. Good news was the stream was still cool, at 60F, although quite low. It was odd, because even the most likely pools/runs that had good water didn't produce like I thought for sure they would. I chased two different, probably 10" fish, that were sitting at the very tail of a couple runs. These trout were easily spooked because of the low water. I had to cover a LOT of stream to get what I did.

I managed 12 natives, which were small, but they were probably the some of the most colorful natives I've caught. The reds were beautiful. We do need rain badly.
I heard we might get some of what's leftover from the hurricane, Wed, Wed night.

Back