Suggested Reels 4wt

mute

mute

Im looking for some reel suggestions for a lighter rod.

I just picked up a new 7ft 4 wt rod. I have a 6'3" 3wt i normally use for my fishing on all the streams which has a Orvis Barstock BBS1. I like this reel alot.

So i figured instead of purchasing another one i might try something different. If anyone has any other good suggestions in the no more then $125 range and try to keep it 4oz or below thatd be great.

My 8' 4wt wears an Orvis CFO123 clicker. Another lives on a 6'9" 3wt boo. I wish I could get them for $125. I'd probably do a BBS if ebay hunting for a clicker fails.

I have a 6'6" 3wt that I put an old Cabela's LSR1 on. I don't like the reel, but its very servicable and its very light when weighed on my kitchen scale (just over 3oz).

I've thought about buying a Sage 3200 on clearance from Redtruck, but have no need to justify it. They're, IIRC, about $150, just out of your price range.

Not sure what you're looking for, but I have a one year old Lamson Hard Alox 1.5 in perfect condition.

It's lightwieght, large arbor, matte grey, and has a lifetime warranty... right in your price range. Shoot me a PM if interested.

http://www.albrightflyfish.com/fly-reels/topwater-fly-reels.html

I have that same Lamson Reel paired with my 7ft 4 wt and it's ideal--also pictured in my avatar. Definately overkill in terms of drag needed for brookie streams but the rod I have it paired with is very light weight. This was one of the lighter reels I've found that balanced out the rod to my liking. I paid at least $100 more than what bam is offering his up for, if I'm reading his post correctly.

Here is the link to Lamson's description of the Litespeed. It weighs in @ 3.5 oz.

Bam's offering you a sweet deal and he's local, so no shipping.

Back