Stud noise

S

springer1

I'm wondering if the added noise make by boot studs impacts fish behavior, I usually try and avoid making wakes, etc when wading but I can feel the crunch & etc the studs make.

They make slightly less noise than the sound a fishermen slipping on a rock and falling in because he had no grip without studs...

...seriously though, yes they make noise but so does walking on rocks & gravel in bare feet.

It's one of those things that I try to minimize and not worry about. If you spook 'em, blame it on something else.

Bamboozle wrote:
They make slightly less noise than the sound a fishermen slipping on a rock and falling in because he had no grip without studs...

...seriously though, yes they make noise but so does walking on rocks & gravel in bare feet.

It's one of those things that I try to minimize and not worry about. If you spook 'em, blame it on something else.

EXACT explanation I would have given myself!

Under the water it is extremely noisy. Rocks and pebbles tossed in the current smashing into each other. Just the water over the rocks.

I would think the vibrations for your steps would cause more of a disturbance than studs on the substrate.

Of course sound is a vibration.

Unless your fishing a stream you can **** to the other bank I think you'll be ok.

Back