Strike King S11 Cloud Mirror sunglasses

Big-Bass

Big-Bass

So, as my name implies, I have grown up a bass fisherman who took up this wonderful obsession called fly fishing four years ago. I still do fish for bass often with baitcasting and spinning tackle, and even catch a few smallmouth on the fly rod while trout fishing.

With that being said, Strike King may not be a company familiar to most fly fisherman but is a mainstay in the conventional bass fishing world. While watching a show on TV dedicated to sight fishing for bass in the Canadian Shield last weekend, I came upon an interesting pair of sunglasses that I wanted to share for those that may be looking at a lower light lens for a decent price.

Strike King has something in their S11 series under the "Bristol" model called Cloud Mirror which is a yellowish hue with a bi-gradiant style slight mirror coating. It seems that the lens is lightly mirrored at the top and at the bottom and fades to the middle of the lens. The lens also has the polarization embedded within the lens so it cannot peel or de-laminate. The bi-gradiant mirror is supposed to get rid of upper and lower glare and put focus on the center of the eye and the viewing area, making spotting fish easier.

I am very interested in a lens for the early morning and early evening and/or for really cloudy days/steelhead-like conditions. I ordered a pair and they were $39.99. I am not expecting miracles but they have gotten some really good reviews and for the price, they did not break the bank. I wonder how they compare to the Smith Low-Light Ignitor and the Maui Jim HT lens. Just passing along some info...

Have a good weekend everybody...

Hmmm, that's a much more reasonable price and worth a look. Thanks for posting and I'll check them at bass pro next time I'm in there

Bass give us a review on these when you get them.

Kray bpro does not have them was looking for new glasses yesterday.

I fished with FishIdiot last week and had trouble spotting fish with my brown polarized magnetic clip-ons over my prescription lenses. He handed me his yellow polarized fitovers to try and kazam!...the fish jumped out right at me! All along he was cheating!...who wudda thunk it!

I ordered a pair of yellow lense polarized fitovers. I haven't tried them yet, but hope to get out with them soon.

Well the glasses came and all I can say is "wow." They are ridiculously clear for $40 and the yellow tint with the silver mirror will be ideal for overcast or rainy/foggy conditions. I am glad I made the purchase and the Bristol frame fits my face perfectly.

Back