Strike indicators

eseabee1

eseabee1

Okay I have gotten everything I need to get me out on the water except strike indicators, was wondering which is better Loon Bio indicator , thingamabobs, or what so much out there gets overwhelming at times when looking .

Ed

It really depends on what you trying to acheive....I have used both thingamobobbers and loon bio indicator as well as sighters built into my line.......

For a simple answer if you are going to tight line nymph (czech nymph) then the loon bio indicator can and will work as a sighter when placed on the leader....if you are going for more of a "traditional style of nymphing" like in deep runs and a distance away from you that you cannot reach then the thingamobobbers will work well.

The great advantage to a thingamobobber is the ability to move it up and down the leader allowing you to adjust the depth at which you are fishing.....but czech nymphing can really increase hook rates when done properly

Both will work great when used appropriately

tyeager said what I was thinking

I use both too.
When I use the thingamabobber, it is for suspending a nymph of the bottom when the bottom is a consistent depth.
The bio strike is great when the depth changes and the nymph follows the bottom. It will allow the nymph to sink and still stay visible a little ways under water.

I use the yarn indicators in natural colours on spring creeks and low flows. I always trim them right down to about half size.

They come in white, olive, tan, etc.

Yep, Tyeager nailed it.

Back