Streams near emporium?

T

tempy1429

Heading to camp this evening right outside of Emporium for some archery hunting and some fishing. I've fished a few of the streams before and actually noticed the driftwood branch of the sinnemahoning and portage creek are both class A streams. Does anybody have any recommended sections of these streams or have had any recent success of these streams?

great stream but don't know how the water level is right now. stream gages are on the rise. looks like they got almost 1/2 inch the last 24 hrs. but that is probably good as long as it's not muddy.

As of yesterday morning, the smaller streams in the area were carrying a little extra water, but were at decent, fishable levels. If there is any problem with them at all, it will be that the leaf drop is going full bore and gets briefly worse every time a breeze comes up or it rains a bit. That can be annoying, but is usually tolerable.

RLeep2 wrote:
.... If there is any problem with them at all, it will be that the leaf drop is going full bore and gets briefly worse every time a breeze comes up or it rains a bit. That can be annoying, but is usually tolerable.

Someone should do something about that!

To be serious, I don't think you can do wrong to fish any clear-running stream near emporium.

The First Fork DHALO section was stocked recently. I fishing it Friday and it was terrific, other than maple leaves the size of baseball gloves. God's Country TU did a nice job placing wader cleaning stations all around the area to help prevent Didymo transit.

The Driftwood has been on my get it down pat list for a while, but I cant find a good stretch open to the public that contains a good pop of wild fish. I know theyre there, but a club owns a good stretch of that water, Im familiar with a lot of the water in the area. But if someone has some info on that Id really appreciate a PM.

Anyone have any tips on access to Portage creek of sinnemahoning? The class A section. Alot of the roadside areas appear posted. Replies or PMs are appreciated.

Back