Streamer

W

wsender

Just tied my first streamer. Suppose to be an Alewife imitation. Let me know what you think. It has barbell eyes to ride upside down. Think it will do well on the Upper D??

Attachments

• Alewife-2.jpg
    Alewife-2.jpg
    532.7 KB · Views: 14
should work just fine up there. looks good.
Now go tie me a dozen to sell here in the shop..

Looks like an interesting streamer. The only thing I would recommend is to possibly put a trailer hook on it. Trout sometimes just strike the tail of a baitfish, and unless your fly is completely engulfed by a large fish, then it will be difficult to get a hookup. Just my 2 cents.

White works well for me, it should work for you too.

Cool lookin fly, but for some reason, the head reminds me of a rabbit. I'd still fish with it! Could be a good Pike/Musky fly too.

Awesome fly! I really like the color scheme, the profile and the little detail of the pectoral fin! I'd tie that on any day, also wouldnt mind seeing it in some brighter colors for pike! is it your design?

Wow! For a first streamer, that's mighty nice. Two thumbs up.

great looking tie, did you glue the rabbit strips together? if so, with what? super glue kinda kills the undulation of the strips, (ive done it) ...also, i hear the trailer hook thing but i think if the fish you are after (20" plus) wants to eat it, he will....hang on.

govtmule wrote:
great looking tie, did you glue the rabbit strips together? if so, with what? super glue kinda kills the undulation of the strips, (ive done it) ...also, i hear the trailer hook thing but i think if the fish you are after (20" plus) wants to eat it, he will....hang on.

Thanks for the kind words guys! I just used the tiniest amount of super glue on the very ends of the hide of the zonker to secure it.

I didn't install a trailer hook because some places that I fish have one hook restriction. Also, I remember reading somewhere that large trout will strike the head to ensure a kill.

It's mostly my design, but it's influenced from a method Lucas Carroll demoed at Guys, Pies, and Flies. He tied a sculpin imitation.

Back