streamer rod

R

riverrun

Hi guys, just looking for some input, looking for a new streamer rod probably a 7wt also are the tfo rods a good rod ?

What do you want to spend? Redington has a few in the $125 - $299 range. TFO TiCRx and Axiom are also nice and in the $279-$320 range.

riverrun wrote:
Hi guys, just looking for some input, looking for a new streamer rod probably a 7wt also are the tfo rods a good rod ?

A 9' for a 7WT is an ideal streamer rod. Over the course of a fishing season, I probably spend more time with a 7WT in hand than any other fly rod. I do a lot of bass fishing, but like a 7 for fishing streamers for trout as well..

I have a legend 6wt that I use right now for that , I thought of getting a fast 7wt for fishing bigger articulated streamers ,thanks for the info guys.

If you have a specific model in mind, shoot me a PM. I looked around after replying and found some different stuff but don't know your budget. I found a almost new Scott S4 for a very reasonable price...plus others.

The best streamer rod on the market right now is the Orvis Helios 2 Saltwater series. We've found this rod in 6 and 7 to be bulletproof, the weight makes throwing big stuff all day a breeze and the action is unmatched. Just my 2 cents. Expensive, but worth it.

the best "cheap" option is the Redington Predator. I have 2 of these as well and they are great - I use this shorter rod on floats in on tighter rivers...

When I talked to Redington tech, he steered me away from the predators. He said it was a stalk / cast rod. Described it as so stiff that it was entirely too much work to toss it all day. Other threeng I've noticed is a majority of guys overline it due to stiffness. Did you find either of these to be true.

I went T3 salt 7wt (poor man's Helios) Lmao. The Scott I found was 9'6" 7 wt....like new for $300 which I thought was decent priced. That rod should handle any trout, steel, bass, huge carp and some decent sized stripers.

Kray, I can't say I agree with anything you were told. This is just my opinion.

Back