Streamer ID

guppieguy

guppieguy

I purchased this streamer from a local fly shop, and for whatever reason the owner will not tell me the name of the pattern. Can anyone ID the name of this streamer? It has an really slim profile when wet. If it doesnt have a common name, could someone at least tell me what materials are used? I'm still too new to tying to be able to identify materials, at least these ones. It seems to be synthetic, almost like a tinsel. the "gill plate" seems to be orange hen? saddle. not sure though. if you haven't figured it out, I'm trying to figure out how to tie this fly as it has been very productive for me in warm water, haha.

Very sorry for the cell phone pics..only thing available to me at the moment. Thanks guys

Attachments

• Photo May 16, 8 21 10 PM.jpg
    Photo May 16, 8 21 10 PM.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Photo May 16, 8 21 54 PM.jpg
    Photo May 16, 8 21 54 PM.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 5
Sort of looks like a variation of a clouser minnow.

it's the same concept as a clouser but it does not have dumbell eyes to make it right hook point up.... after some searching i found a similar pattern called an "angel hair baitfish." Is "angel hair" the name of the material used? it looks very easy to tie, I'm just unsure of the materials.

Yes "Angel hair" is the name of material used. It's basically very fine flashabou.

Ice wing material is also similar. It is ice dubbing in longer hanks.

not sure it has a common name, but it looks to be some sort of hair, bucktail or yak maybe, over possibly angel hair flash. also looks like a cut feather under the eye.

looks way over dressed to me, and those eyes look real easy to come off. does it catch ?

Do they have that Popovic epoxy head or is that just the angel hair folded over? Those are nice lookin stremers!!!! I had a whole yak tail at one time i got it from a buddy who lived next to Tobias Wildlife Ranch and they had one die n i got the tail it was great ribbing on dries.

these streamers have been very successful for me, producing anything from pike to panfish and everything in between!

Back