Streamer hooks

• Thread starter salvelinusfontinalis
  • Start date
salvelinusfontinalis

salvelinusfontinalis

Looking at changing the brand of streamer hooks I use. I'm looking for a high quality, strong streamer hook in size 4. What brand do you guys recommend?

I was think Diiachi or the like but I'm curious as to what you guys recommend.

I usually use Mustad or Gamakatsu, haven't had any trouble with either. For articulated streamers I'll use two hooks or a hook behind a straight shank. If my trailing hook is a short stinger hook I use Gamakatsu (mostly because it seems to be the only stinger hook I can find), again, no problems.

What were you using? Why the switch?

Thanks!
Gamakatsu is the one I was thinking but couldn't remember the name.
I'm currently using a hook that I have no idea what it is. Old ones I've had forever. You collect a lot of stuff after along time. What I can tell you is the are sharp and work great but rust after one outing.

Trying to get something that won't trash the fly after a day of fishing.

I use Daiichi very often for streamers of all sizes

I think it all depends on the streamer you're tying. You may want a stinger style hook like the Gammy B10s or you want a longer shank like found on their SP11-3L3H. Kinda like tying dries or nymphs, one style isn't gonna cover it all.

I use TMC 9394s. Daiichi makes a good hook though and when I run out of the Tiemcos I'll probably switch to Daiichi.

The application is for large multi articulated streamers. I went with the Gamakatsu finesse wide gap 1/0. Lovem and working great! Thanks again!

stay away from mustard they suck.

My favorite streamer hook hands down is:

Daiichi 2370

**** Telleur 1X Heavy 7X Long

I use it for everything except Wooly Buggers.

Back