You're welcome.

i prefer the prefilled dubbing boxes

DubBoxHareEarPlus-3.jpg

and they go in sterilite containers

k2-_53b3b6e3-4b4c-48f5-bd30-9bfc34c2396c.v2.jpg

and up on the shelf

storage-1.jpg

it all boils down to individual preferences. no right or wrong

Similar to what JG is doing. Bought a couple of soft sided tackle binders - can't think of the brand - with the big clear zip lock inserts off Amazon and have my dubbing packs stored in them. So far so good. I don't have a permanent tying set up in my home and am constantly looking for ways to organize my materials.

Working out of a large plastic wheeled tool box right now with lots of rubber maid containers and clear tubes in various diameters to hold my stuff. The clear tubes have been great for things like krystal flash, pheasant tails, etc.

I have a binder filled with dubbing stored in the clear business card pages sold at the office stores and label each one with the color and type of dubbing. It works well for me at my tying desk as well as for travelling.

Clear Business Card Binder Pages

I store mine in a box made for baseball card. I'll have to take a picture!

For natural dubbing I like to have the package completely sealed. That way no nasty bugs can get in to munch on my dubbing. Also seal all fur, hair, and feathers. Some of them I put a few moth flakes in just to make sure.

For the bags of dubbing, I've got them stored vertically, by color, in a box from a pair of Chuck Taylors. They're the perfect size and don't have the annoying tabs that slip down inside (instead, the lid fits over the outside of the box). Once you get enough in there that they don't fall over, it's an instant visual reference (like a file cabinet).

It's a little too crowded in there now, so I may separate out the dry from the wet dub.

The most compact setup I have is an ammo box for 22s. This works best with synthetic dubbings. I squeeze a ball of each color into the separate compartments.

afishinado wrote:
I have a binder filled with dubbing stored in the clear business card pages sold at the office stores and label each one with the color and type of dubbing. It works well for me at my tying desk as well as for travelling.

Clear Business Card Binder Pages

Yep Baseball card page sleaves. X2

Back