Stone roller thread (what the heck?)

JimKennedy

JimKennedy

Possibly the ugliest fish in our trout streams. The make catfish look downright handsome. It hasn't been all that long since I last caught one, and I've caught plenty of them, but I can't remember ever feeling the urge to take a photo of one. My understanding is that summertime is stone roller spawning season. I suspect trout will take stone roller eggs as readily as they take trout eggs, salmon eggs, sucker spawn and pretty much any other kind of egg they can find, so break out your egg patterns.

Now roll that beautiful stone roller footage!

Possibly the ugliest fish in our trout streams. The make catfish look downright handsome. It hasn't been all that long since I last caught one, and I've caught plenty of them, but I can't remember ever feeling the urge to take a photo of one. My understanding is that summertime is stone roller spawning season. I suspect trout will take stone roller eggs as readily as they take trout eggs, salmon eggs, sucker spawn and pretty much any other kind of egg they can find, so break out your egg patterns.

Now roll that beautiful stone roller footage!
Not too bad of looking fish, interesting for sure.

Used to catch a fish very similar, if not the same, in fishing creek, colombia co. We called them horned chubs. Neat little critters they are.

Attachments

• 05nornyhead (1).pdf
    348.5 KB · Views: 19
Back