Stockport takeout on the Main stem

C

cms829

Hey all!

Never been to the Stockport location of the Main stem D, but thinking about floating down from Balls eddy.

We have a raft with frame. According to the book, I am able to get my truck (4WD ram 3500) down to the rivers edge at this location, correct?

Thinking about stopping by the takeout first in the morning to check it out but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts? Dont want to use Buckingham.

Thanks in advance!

please be careful of water temps down at stockport. Luckily we have had some cooler weather but please check temps before fishing down there.

Always have my thermometer. No worries. Mostly a trip to take the wife out on the new boat. Prob just cruise down once we hit the Main Stem from the West. Lordville is already almost at 64 today.

If you've never been there, I'd suggest parking on 191 and walking back to look at the situation. A 3500 can easily get in / out. Your issue will be turning a vehicle that big. It can also sneak up on you if you're not familiar with the section.... especially in the dark.

You also have to factor in any mud being carried in by the EB. If that watershed got hit, the main can / will get real dirty...real quick. Good luck. Heard the fishing was decent lately due to the cool night's.

Thanks Kray. From what I heard it's one of the most difficult to find so we just stuck to floating balls to bard Parker. Mostly just cruised along getting used to the boat, but fished a bit. One small rainbow and missed two others. It was windy so I think that kept the bugs down. Only saw two sulhpurs the whole float and a strong tiny BWO hatch towards the end, but nothing looking up at them. Regardless it was a terrific day and had a great time with the new boat. May try and head out Saturday again

I am not a fan of the Stockport takeout. It's one of, if not the most difficult ramps on the river. It's especially nasty in wet weather. I agree with Krayfish, take a minute to look at the ramp before you use it. As for me I avoid it if I can.

Back