stocking trucks

M

mikemus725

Unfortunatly the stream I usually fish (pennypack) was supposed to be stocked today but the truck broke down on the way to the stream. I am assuming they will wither cancel the stocking on this creek or reschedule. Anyone know what happens to the trout that are in the truck. Will they try to find a stream close by to dump them? I guess my question is how well filtered, oxygenated are the trucks and how long can the trout last in there?

mikemus725 wrote:
Unfortunatly the stream I usually fish (pennypack) was supposed to be stocked today but the truck broke down on the way to the stream. I am assuming they will wither cancel the stocking on this creek or reschedule. Anyone know what happens to the trout that are in the truck. Will they try to find a stream close by to dump them? I guess my question is how well filtered, oxygenated are the trucks and how long can the trout last in there?

They will last as long as the water stays cool and the engine is running to pump the O2. And yes, typically they will find a close lake or APW and dump them. But if close enuff, thsy may take them back to the Hatchery

Any update on the stocking of pennypacker? Didn't see on the pa site it wasn't stocked was going this weekend

The stocking has been rescheduled for Oct. 11.

Changes

Back