steelhead featherwing

turkey

turkey

The Silver Invicta was the inspiration for this one. Teal flank was substituted for the traditional blue jay collar. This is a size 5 spey hook. Thanks for looking.

love to swing wets for em.
nice fly

That's gorgeous....and ready to be riffle hitched!!

Thanks fellas.

FGSIII wrote:
....and ready to be riffle hitched!!

Whats up Frank! Strangely enough, I never riffle hitch them. I started leaving the heads short repeating the phrase "don't crowd the head" over and over again. Now its become a bad habit. Oh well.

I bet you're about ready for a Salmon River run. Good luck up there.

I know what you mean about stopping short, I do the same thing.....and it's a good habit. I hardly ever riffle hitch unless it is a bomber or another type of skater that soaks up water.

Yeah I can't wait to get up there, but that won't be until the end of October. Heading over to oak orchard for a few days during the week then over to the SR for the entire following week.

I say "cram the head with as much as you can." Well... at least that's what I do most of the time.

BEAUTIFUL tie, Turkey!
How's the little one?

David wrote:
I say "cram the head with as much as you can." Well... at least that's what I do most of the time.

BEAUTIFUL tie, Turkey!
How's the little one?

Hi David. Thanks man. The little one is great. She has a good pinch wrap for setting wings but she still needs her diapers changed for her. One thing at a time.One of these years we'll have to get a beer or maybe even fish. I Hope your fam is well.

looks fantastic turkey!

very nice. Salmon would love that. sea run browns too.

fuller dressed and some fall wind and you wouldn't need to hitch it. kind of like a Bumble.

Beautiful looking teal on that fly; nice work!

TC

Back