Steelhead and salmon buggers, And some free a tying lesson

• Thread starter mike_richardson
  • Start date
mike_richardson

mike_richardson

My hareline order came in yesterday and I blew it out with bugger materials. I am on a kick with them so that is typically what happens.

Tying up this box for a buddy at work for trout, crappie, and steelhead/salmon.

These are size 6 3xl, 2x strong, buggers. Not weighted.

I like how these ones turned out.

If anyone is on facebook. I did a live video last night on how I tie my buggers. I know there is more than one way to skin a cat, but just figured Id share how I tie mine. If you want to add me as a friend an check out the video just look up Michael Richardson. My profile picture at the moment is me holding a turkey I shot. LOL

Im gearing up for the weekend, and will be tying up a PILE of nymphs from caddis larva, stone flies, pheasant tails, and hares ears.

TYING INSTRUCTION:

If you are in Cambria or Blair county or the surrounding area of Portage, and want to learn to tie. I will have a booth set up at the Portage High School Gymnasium for their "Spring Fling" on February 18th. It is to benefit a young kid who has cancer. I figured it is worth the $25.00 donation and basket donation to help out a kid in need. I know there won't be a lot of fly fisherman there, but just wanted to try and help him. I believe the other venders are like 31, Norwex, Tastefully simple. So if you want to bring your wife and let her look around, and learn to tie. I just don't want to be sitting there tying flies and not have any fly fisherman to talk to. LOL

I am hoping to have another Regal by then and will be teaching anyone who wants to learn to tie. If you have your own vice bring it a long. But I would suggest it be a pedestal vise. No cost on learning and you will get to keep all of the flies you would tie. If you want to come please message me and let me know the flies you would want to learn, so I can be sure to have the material there for you.

Thanks for the look and I know its a long shot, but I hope to maybe get to meet or talk to some of you guys at the benefit.

Tight Lines

Attachments

• steelhead bugger 7.jpg
    steelhead bugger 7.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 28
  • steelhead bugger6.jpg
    steelhead bugger6.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 6
  • steelhead bugger5.jpg
    steelhead bugger5.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 4
  • steelhead bugger4.jpg