Stealth when fishing

Ouch, ouch and ouch.

Baron wrote:
Ouch, ouch and ouch.

Oh, not mentioned in the video > you can wear boots....no need to go barefoot to sneak up on fish. :lol:

Some thoughts - 1) I love his recommendation to wear drab, followed by people in white and other bright colors throughout the video. 2) People's idea of stealth are greatly influenced by fishing for stocked trout, I see people wading up to a hole or undercut in bright clothing making 12'-15' ft casts - yet they feel they are stealthy when I bring up the subject. 3) It's amazing the size difference stealthy approaches will yield when panfishing. It seems that an adult bluegill is a lot smarter or wary or whatever you want to call it - than the average stocked trout people fish for. Smaller ones are eager feeders, but the alphas are not. JMO, no offenses intended.

Careful there when you reference my beloved bluegill. :D

afishinado wrote:
Baron wrote:
Ouch, ouch and ouch.

Oh, not mentioned in the video > you can wear boots....no need to go barefoot to sneak up on fish. :lol:

My drift boat doesn't leak that bad. I don't need boots when sneaking up on bluegills:-D

Did you ever fish the Hosensack creek Near Old Zionsville? Years ago when I poorly fished for trout on the poorly cared for spinning rod I fished many of the methods above. It was fun then. Hosensack is interesting because it goes through open meadows to woodland to weedy rose bush areas and offers a wide array of challenges.

Back