State by state striped bass regs proposed for 2020

M

Mike

Proposed 2020 recreational, including Pa, and commercial striped bass regulations are out and will be presented to the ASMFC striped bass mgmt board at the Feb meeting. Scroll down to the Memorandum immediately following the proceedings from the Oct, 2019 meeting. It is at p 59 of 210 on my computer’s page counter.

Also, you will find the state by state striper reports, such as that of the Pa Delaware Estuary electrofishing survey in the Pa report tables by scrolling down to Appendix A. (Page 135 of 210 on my computer’s page counter). The first report in the Appendix is the Pa report. If nothing else, the figures and tables in that report are worth checking if you lack the time or interest to read the report. They give you info on relative abundance, age and growth data by sex, tag return info by state of stripers tagged in Pa, etc

http://www.asmfc.org/files/Meetings/2020WinterMeeting/AtlanticStripedBassBoard.pdf

Thank you for this Mike.

Many of us have hoped for some changes in SB regs and I'm eager to see the proposals

Additional important and very interesting detailed info on the Pa reg proposal, including the analysis conducted for the new proposed slot limit, can be found in the link that I provided above. I found this additional info by scrolling down to pages 132-134 on my computer’s page counter.

Back