St. John Virgil islands

STONEMAN

STONEMAN

Anybody have any fly experience on St John? Any guide advice? Happy to say it am heading there in two weeks and I think I can convince my wife to enjoy a morning fish/boat ride.

Stone I never fished St John but did fish St. Thomas. We fished channel drop offs and did well catching all kinds of differnt fish. We used clousers in lighter colors. Sorry its not to much help but let us know how you do.

Just spent 5 days on St Thomas several weeks ago. It was our 20th anniversary. So, didn't do any fishing. But we snorkeled a bit on some lovely beaches.
We had planned on going over to St Johns for a day. But the ocean was pretty rough for most of the time we were there, and we didn't go over. But I hear it's really nice.

Regardless of whether you fish or not, be sure to drink a few "pain killers" while in the area

+1 on the painkillers!!

I had to look it up and share:

2 oz Pusser’s Rum
4 oz Pineapple juice
1 oz Orange juice
1 oz Cream of coconut
garnish: Orange wedge, cherry and nutmeg
glass: Hurricane or snifter

Read more at http://liquor.com/recipes/painkiller/#97KVri76841zjEHj.99

PS my pain requires 3 ozs. of Rum, as if I drink Rum.
PPS, Martyrs are entitled to 72 Virgils in heaven. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

My wife and I enjoyed the painkillers so much, that we decided to make them at a family get together after we came back.
Getting the ingredients was a bit of a scavenger hunt though.
Had to go to a large super market to find the cream of coconut - which, oddly enough is very thick, and comes in a squeeze tube.
And none of the local liquor stores had Pussers Rum. They could special order it in, and told me it's pretty expensive.
So, I just used regular old (much cheaper) dark rum.
Still was quite yummy!

Back