St. Croix Pro Graphite

Gone_Phishin

Gone_Phishin

Bought one on a whim today for $20. Are these any good? Anyone have any experience?

Haven't used that model or even seen one in person. It gets good reviews though. See below:

Description
St. Croix Pro Graphite fly rods are the definitive benchmark in fly rod value. Crafted from the same premium SCII graphite as our Imperial series rods, they deliver a smooth transition of power that delivers a level of feel and forgiveness that is unmatched by any other comparable fly rod.

===========================

Reviewed by: Anonymous User(Unregistered User) , 40 days a year , from Roanoke, VA USA

Summary:
Unbelievable rod, I would take this rod over my 500$ Scott rod any day. I like that the rod has a little weight to it, its perfect for almost all situations, and you won't find a better price. I wouldn't waste your money on orvis clearwater or anything like that. This rod is worth its weight in gold, and even after abusing the hell out of it for years, its never broken or been damages, and it still performs to a standard far surpassing any other rod. If you're a beginner, or someone who's been fishing for a while, I'd recommend this rod, its caught me more fish than I could count. The only people who shouldn't use it are those that absolutely require a feather-weight rod due to odd circumstances.

Customer Service:
excellent

Similar Products Used:
Scott rods, Orvis rods, Sage rods

Sounds good to me. Can't wait to try it out.

purchased a 7'6" 4/5 wt about 14 years ago nice small stream medium action no frills rod. Balances nice with an oris 4/5 battenkill reel. I payed like $80 for the rod at the time I think.

Back