Spring Is Coming

littlejuniata

littlejuniata

Usually right after the tackle catalogs start arriving, got the Orvis catalog today, new fly "The Doculator" looks kind of familiar??

Ten weeks in fact.

Yeah I just got my Cabelas catalog...... :-o

Ten weeks to go, can't wait! Starting to miss going to camper at Coburn already.

Come on Grannoms!

PaulG

I was going to say that I'm not going to start yearning for spring until after at least a couple of weeks of winter weather, but PaulG got me dreaming about the hatches................

I've got witch hazels and winter jasmine blooming, the daffodils and crocus are coming up, plus I saw a slighly confused groundhog over the weekend. Can't be far off!

Paul,
We spend a lot of time around Coulburn, I have an old silver Chevy Avalanche, maybe we will run into each other this spring.

Do you have a reciept/picture/web site for Grannom's that work up there, I'm looking to tie some.

Thanks,
Buffalo (AKA Bob P)

Buffalo

the dryfly pattern that I had success with last year I got from the Feathered hook fly shop. Try some with the egg sac they worked well for a couple of days.

John F, was using a elk hair caddies that he done very well with. Lota guys like using Nymphs and wet flies for this hatch, maybe someone else can give you some patterns for those and thier favorite drys.

I would be happy to hookup with you sometime to fish the area streams!

PaulG

I'm excited for my first full season as a fly fisherman. Hopefully some of the mangled messes I call flies that I tied will catch some lunkers!!! Anyways, if anyone sees a green jeep wrangler while fly fishing this year come teach me a thing or two. Can't wait to wet one!!!

If you need any of those flies in bulk (The Feathered Hook can runout) this should be the man who tied them. Wonderful fellow. Been a huge help to my flyfishing and a good man in general.
http://wolftracksfly.tripod.com/flies.htm. Dave can help (same fellow that wrote "Flyfishers guide to Pennsylvania" in your poll) but Karls the man behind the vise. Ties the neatest flies I've ever seen. His spun deer hair beetle never ceased to amaze me how such a simple fly could bring trout of all sizes to it time and again.

PaulG,
Thanks
Shoulda' thought of the Feathered Hook for the Grannam, we usually stop in and see Jonas for hatch info and whatever else we need.
Next time we are planning to head north I'll drop a line.

Squaretail,
Thanks as well,
Good website, I'm gonna try some of those beetles. Have Dave's book and it is well worn.

Buffalo

Not until we get through the coldest 2 months of the year!!

Must be, the squirrels here are "piggybackin"???

why is everyone talking about spring? fish year round. unless the streams are frozen, i get out and fish. there is plenty of good open water, maybe not as productive, but still fun.

Back