Spring Creek

D

Daniel45

Hello. When I fish spring creek I usually park at sewer plant and hit that stretch. Then go back by bellefonte hit all that. I was wondering where else you can park and got some good spots on spring creek. I never fished the miles burg end. Any help is appreciated. I also fished in fishermans paradise as well. Thank you all

Daniel

Let me give you a little tip, and I'm not trying to be an #censor#, as I think you're a young guy new to the sport.

Explore.

Most of the best things in life, and definitely fly fishing are earned not given. Go out and explore the streams you're interested in, find stuff out for yourself. You will retain it longer and place a higher value on it.

Spring Creek is a good place to explore.

You are right Brookie Chaser. Makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the advise.

I agree with that 100%. Once you find a good piece of water by yourself, you get the self satisfaction of discovering that you did something correct, in a hobby that can be downright brutal on your confidence at times.

In a similar vein, don't disregard a piece of water after only one "failed" trip. Depending on various conditions, maybe there's a better time of day, year, etc for fishing it.

Yes. No doubt about that. I have fished areas before and thought they sucked. Went back a few days later and found out it was either me or bad time of day lol. Thanks for the help. It's greatly appreciated

Daniel45 wrote:
You are right Brookie Chaser. Makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the advise.

No problem, man. I'm glad you didn't take the advice the wrong way.

No. I am glad you said that. I am here to learn. I just got into it bout year ago and its so addicting to me. I live near Lewistown and fish Kish Creek a good bit. It gets slaughtered by bait fisherman and people who eat them. I throw them all back. I appreciate your advice. I appreciate everyones advice on here. This forum has been very very helpful

Daniel, you're lucky to be in a very good area to explore. I've explored many of the streams in the area. Don't be afraid to venture out to "unpopular" waters. Some blue lines (small streams) in the area rank among my favorites.

I'm glad to hear we've been of some help.

Yeah you guys have been awesome. I live close to Honey Creek. I want to try that out. Also there is Jacks creek which was polluted in the 70's by Sitkins also known as Krentzmans junk yard. It has trout and even some chain pickerel in it. That would be fun. I know after the years there has to be a few prize trout in there

There honestly isn't a bad place to fish ANYWHERE on spring creek. And very few posted sections.
So have at it - and good luck!

Thank you Dry Fly. I was out on kish for a few hours today. Caught 4 small brownies. Stocked ones.

Park behind the power station in Milesburg or at the ballfields. As for the rest of Spring Creek, there are plenty of parking spots along the creek, some owned by PFBC some not. If you drive along the creek you'll see them all. Pick one and park, but once at the stream walk along until you're out of sight of others and wet your line in those places. You'll find fish.

Thank you Chaz. I appreciate it

walking a couple of hundred yards from the lots is always good advice too Daniel.

normally just 10-15 minutes of walking will put you in complete solitude on most big creeks, if thats what you want.

Back