spring creek

F

flycoming

Hey Guys,

Im just newbie looking for some direction. Ive been fly fishing for a few years now, still pretty novice at it, but im a freshman here at Lock haven Univeristy and being new to the area I noticed spring creek isnt to far from me. Just wondering if anyone would share which sections of creek they like to fish or just which sections to skip over, not looking for anyones favorite honeyhole or anything. Also If anyone has other stream they enjoy to fish in the area id love to hear about em. BTW i really enjoy this site and am looking forward to reading everyones post.

Welcome Flycoming,
Lock Haven is a great general area for a fly fishermen. Check the "Where to Fly Fish" link in the upper right side of this page for basic information.

Spring Creek is a wonderful stream and many of us consider it to be among the very best (if not the best) overall trout stream in the state. As a new member of our online community, do be aware that questions seeking specific info on where to fish - even on famous streams like Spring Creek - are a sensitive topic with many of our readers and such questions often don't elicit as many replies as other types of questions. This should come as no surprise... so don't let this discourage you.
With that said, a good place to start on Spring Creek is the "Fisherman's Paradise" section. This is south (upstream) of Bellefonte and can be accessed off of Rt 150 by the interstate overpass.

thanks for the info!

flycoming wrote:
Just wondering if anyone would share which sections of creek they like to fish or just which sections to skip over,

Believe me when I say.....it is Spring Creek you can fish anywhere and you will be happy.

Welcome, I go to Lycoming, there are a lot of nice trout streams around you. If you go north you have young woman's and kettle creek, and pine creek is not far from you at all either.

You literally cannot go wrong on spring creek...

Lower section of lick run makes a great fish in between classes in Farrandsville. ( that's across the river). Just be careful, women with mullets swim by the bridge and you just can't unsee some things.

Also, join the LHU fly fishing club.

Check out big fishing creek near Lamar with the narrows between the hatcheries being a good place to start. Young woman's creek is not what it once was but there still decent areas to fish on it.

Back