nymphingmaniac

nymphingmaniac

Saturday April 23rd 8AM-Noon.
See attached

Attachments

• watershed cleanup 2011.jpg
    watershed cleanup 2011.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 13
Considering helping out on this but not positive yet.

Called the number to see where they meet up and they have multiple sites but they could'nt tell me exactly just yet.

If you consider going, you might want to call as time gets closer or get on the email distribution list.

Note change in start time: It's now 8:30 am.

Spring Creek TU will be working on two sections, and meeting at the following 2 locations, so come join us:

1) Rock Road parking lot. (This is upstream from the Benner Spring hatchery.) Rock Road comes down from near the airport, and where it meets the stream there is a parking lot.

2) McCoy PFBC Access area, between Bellefonte and Milesburg.

I attended the clean up and was assigned to clean up a farm that has recently changed hands but it was no where near Spring Creek.

Cleaned up decades worth of trash from an old farm. Worked my butt off for 3-4 hours.

It was actually on Spruce Creek. The new owner was appreciative and granted me private access to her property to fish. BONUS!!!

Attended the picnic afterward and had a couple hotdogs and as soon as the second round of burgers were done- I wolfed mine down and headed over to Spring Creek to fish at Benner for a few hours.

I was the guy with longjohns and shorts on at the picnic- anyone else there?

I was down at the McCoy section below Bellefonte. We got more trash in that section than I expected. Most of the trash was close to the road, not so much near the stream. I think the percentage of trash coming from fishermen on Spring Creek is pretty low.

I got to the picnic kind of late, and got one of the last burgers, and brownies. Can't let such things go to waste.

Back