Spring Creek Saturday

B

Brown71

Ventured up to SC on Saturday, many, many folks out today.

Had a decent day, landed 9, all average size or below. Saw quite a few others catching also.

Got most on egg patterns, my wife got a few(5 or 6) on live bait.(nightcrawlers)

Nice day to be out almost too warm for winter fishing lol.

I was there Sunday. So many people were out. I hooked into 2 carp and landed one, and hooked 8 browns and landed 4 or 5. My little cousin was also able to land his first trout on the fly, I think I got him hooked now!

I caught the trout on a walts worm and a black stone fly. The carp came off the reliable green weenie.

What a nice weekend to get out.Glad to hear someone else got out to enjoy it.

Glad you had a good trip, it sure was nice. Like I said, almost didn't feel like winter fishing other than the snow on the ground.

Always good for new fisher to a hook up and land one too. Good job getting him in a fish.

Where is a good spot to hit on spring creek?

robkonowitch wrote:
Where is a good spot to hit on spring creek?

Everywhere! I don't think I've fished a bad spot yet. Some spots however get more crowded.

robkonowitch, there is a small parking area next to the sewer plant in Bellefonte. That will give you good access to a variety of different water types. Spring is loaded with trout, but they can be selective.

I fished Spring on Saturday too. Caught a few dead drifting wooly buggers.

I fished Spring on Sunday as well, the stretch in Milesburg. Did well w copper johns, landed 5 browns and 1 nice rainbow. My friend also landed a handful of trout, it was a great day on the water!

Back