Spiderwebs In Your Face

Swattie87

Swattie87

One of my favorite things on the hike into a stream...Means no one's fished there in a while. Got pounded with them today. :p

Attachments

• 05-25-19 (13) - PAFF.jpg
    05-25-19 (13) - PAFF.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 05-25-19 (5) - PAFF.jpg
    05-25-19 (5) - PAFF.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 05-25-19 (8) - PAFF.jpg
    05-25-19 (8) - PAFF.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 3
Nice work! Too funny I thought that I was the only who got excited over spiderwebs.

Rhodo. Hemlocks. Mossy rocks. Tanic water. Looks like the Poconos.

Postcard stream and gorgeous dark browns.

I've done the spiderweb dance many a morning going Turkey hunting before daybreak. It's more of a arm flinging and jumping moves when you get a direct hit. When I'm bow hunting I keep my bow in front of my face to catch the webs.

There is nothing like a spider web on a trail to demonstrate ones ability at kung fu

- Ancient chinese proverb

"Favorite" part of a sticky dead of summer morning heading into the woods for a wild trout stream survey.

Mike wrote:
"Favorite" part of a sticky dead of summer morning heading into the woods for a wild trout stream survey.

Hey Mike, you can still do that ^.....except with your fishing pole! :)

Nice pics however I don't see any with spider webs in them.

Rare occurrence- spider webs on Spring last evening and that path led to risers. Nobody around. Very pleasant evening

I particularly enjoy the sticky web, spikey butt spiders that usually show up about August. However, spiderwebs are great for checking out what hatches occurred the previous evening.

I hate spiders. My son still has a scar on his upper arm from a bite that occured about 15 years ago. And a friend was fishing at the Tully, and when he got home his thumb was swelled and purple. He went to a doctor and the doctor said it was from a spider. He showed it to me, and it was butt ugly.

The fly fisherman life hack is to walk with rod pointing forward and keeping a constant zorro motion. Circles work too but aren't as fun.

My problem today wasn't webs in my face but across the stream.
I was fishing a small Class A and the webs across the stream were a bugger. Have you ever made a cast and the tippet and fly hang in the air on the web? Then the sticky web gets on your tippet and is near impossible to remove without taking off the fly and sliding it off. Not fond of spiders in any way.

Back