Southcentral PA spots

P

PATroutMan

I live in York PA around dover. Anyone know of any prime spots around this area? Ive heard about Letort Spring Run i think its called. Anyway just looking for some help on areas around. Im new

If you are planning to fish with bait, you are on the wrong forum. For the most part this is about catch and release fly fishing.

You could try the Yellow Breeches around Boiling Springs, and farther north just above Harrisburg, Stony Creek or Clarks Creek.

check out the link on the upper right hand page titled "Where to Fly Fish". It's a pretty solid resource.

PATroutMan,

I live in your general area and unfortunately, there's not a lot of trout water close by. The good news is, you are centrally located to a lot of great waters. Codorus and it's branches are nearby. Muddy Creek and it's tribs are always and option although I find it's quite a drive for me (45 min) and if I'm going that far I tend to head to a different stream. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice stream, just can't get there from here. As stated above, the Breeches is always good as well as Stoney and Clarks. If you look NW you have Big Spring, Green Spring and Mountain Creeks. Don't overlook the warm water opportunities in the area. Fishing for bass and panfish, either in a lake or stream can really help with your flyfishing skills and build your confidence.

Back