South of Alanta fishing

C

chadm

Traveling for work to juliette, GA. Plan on bringing a 5wt mostly figure I would fish the rivers for bass and crappies. Any suggestions? Planning I will be throwing muddler minnows and woolie buggers. There doesn't seem to be to many trout creeks but will bring some flies incase I find one.

Bass should be plentiful in ponds and lakes. If you go north of hot lanta the Chattahoochee has trout. It's a freezing cold tailwater for many many miles out of Lake Lanier.

If you go further north toward Helen there's many trout opportunties.

Lived in Alpharetta in 96.

Lots of Delayed Harvest creeks plus Year Round water. Smith Creek in Unicoi State Park is Delayed Harvest and heavily stocked/c&r Barbless hooks. Don" t carry any barbed hooks with you as the Wardens do check flies. Tallulah River is year round and has some nice holdover fish as is the "Hooch" in Helen. GG

My trip to South Holston next week(have a post on this board n the SH) is looking increasingly iffy ,with all the rain this week and some next week.
So,I'm exploring changing the location to Georgia freestones or even Georgia tailwaters that aren't as prone to have strong daily releases.

Anyone have some specific stream Georgia recommendations??Please feel free to PM me,if you want.Thank you
Tom

I am just going on a work trip and have a few hours on around flights and after work. It seems I will be fishing lakes and rivers for bass and crappies. Just wanted to see if anyone knew of a spot I should hit.

Found a big creek below a dam no luck except for a blue gill I caught in the pool next to it. Georgia's off the list of states I haven't caught a fish in. The flow was moving pretty good and really muddy dirty water any suggestions? I just threw a black Woolley bugger I only had about 45min before it was getting dark and had a long walk out. Not sure I can attach pictures from my phone.

Chad

Back