son of a b.....

nfrechet

nfrechet

you know that word

S02IScQ.jpg

i was getting set-up to do some power painted jigs and went to lift the jar but the cover wasnt exactly screwed on and you know the rest of the story

what is your son of a b..... moment

nfrechet wrote:
you know that word

S02IScQ.jpg

i was getting set-up to do some power painted jigs and went to lift the jar but the cover wasnt exactly screwed on and you know the rest of the story

what is your son of a b..... moment

Never really saw that stuff. Looked it up here.

I assume you use it to color beads and jigs?

Does it work well for you?

I hate breaking the thread, particularly when spinning hair.

Poking my thumb on the hook point.....ouch!

Teh_Fly

I've seen some tying videos were people use it to color their beads while they were on the hook with some lead to hold them in place . Loon looks to have it on sale . Hopefully they didn't discontinued it .
https://loonoutdoors.com/product/fly-tying-powders/

I have dumped a hook storage box in front of me once, and I hold a trash can between my feet when tying.

Nothing like finding and sorting hundreds of hooks.

MKern--keep a automotive retrieval magnet stuck to your lamp arm. When you drop a hook, just drag the magnet around the area and the hooks will literally jump on it.

Funny you say that because I now keep a magnet at the desk for the very reason that if I drop a hook in the can I have a chance of recovering it.

Yep, me, too. Dropped an Oregonizer hook storage on the garage floor. Hour of sorting and headache. Sucked.

Anything that i just had and cant find now!

melvinp wrote:
Anything that i just had and cant find now!

This. I am messy and unorganized and constantly lose the materials I want in the abundance of everything else. And I keep my tying material selection quite bare compared to most I'm sure.

At least it was powder paint and not a can of liquid paint. Mine would be dropping those small beads and when they hit the carpet good luck finding them.

I was tying once for a recording and was nearly finshed with the pattern when my English Pointer Sophia came in and basically acted like a tornado around the room. Her tail knocked everything down, but I continued tying because I knew the camera wasn't picking it up. Just when I thought I was in the clear, her tail whipped around and knocked my tying light off the stand, breaking the bulb and casuing my moment! Yeah, I had to rerecord that one...

For hooks and other things (not HUNDREDS!), here's the magnet I use:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VFQOEPXH7A[/youtube]

Tim

Back