Something I've noticed

sixfootfenwick

sixfootfenwick

The Abel TR reels, the ones in native brook trout or brown trout or rainbow trout etc...., Never show the front of the reel. In all the ads and all the places for sale, I can't find a single picture of the reel face with the handle. Why is this?

I wouldn't purchase one at 1000 dollars, but you would think, if you were going to consider buying it, you might want to know what the face of the reel looks like .🧐 Especially since it's a reel about looks, you might want to know what it looks like and if you are going to sell a reel on looks, you might want to show how awesome sauce it looks!

Sorry, rant over on over priced equipment.

Maybe the faces all have $2k in cash duct taped to them. Would finally make sense why people ever pay that much for a reel.
It possible, my thought is it likely has that giant black circle area in the middle that says Abel.
Meaning your paying all that money for a little over half the reel to be that color.

The Abel TR reels, the ones in native brook trout or brown trout or rainbow trout etc...., Never show the front of the reel. In all the ads and all the places for sale, I can't find a single picture of the reel face with the handle. Why is this?

I wouldn't purchase one at 1000 dollars, but you would think, if you were going to consider buying it, you might want to know what the face of the reel looks like .🧐 Especially since it's a reel about looks, you might want to know what it looks like and if you are going to sell a reel on looks, you might want to show how awesome sauce it looks!

Sorry, rant over on over priced equipment.

Here’s pictures of both sides of a couple Abel SDF reels in the Brook Trout finish, shown with the optional Brook Trout design drag nut and metal handle. I assume the Abel TR reels would look similar.

IMG 2485

Image3

Image2

I need to win the PowerBall before considering spending $1k on a trout reel

You could spend more than that these days for a black Abel SDF 4/5 these days. Here‘s what a ported Abel SDF 4/5, with a black anodized drag nut and a black metal handle sells for:

IMG 3316

Personally, I think you’d get a better reel for a lot less money if you were able to find a used Abel Big Game .5 reel, in good condition, which sell for around $250. Take care of it and it will last a lifetime.

Back