Solarez Ultra Thin Bone Dry UV Resin

T

tctrout

In my newest video, I discuss a UV resin from Solarez, and show how I apply it to a Perdigon-style nymph.

Any other UV resins that you like to use?

Thanks!

Tim

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdCJXF0DytQ&t=184s[/youtube]

I got some clear cure goo last year. Seemed ok at first, but can't seem to get it to harden very well now...tacky to the touch.

acesedgley wrote:
I got some clear cure goo last year. Seemed ok at first, but can't seem to get it to harden very well now...tacky to the touch.

Could be an issue with your light and not the resin itself, cure for longer and/or change the batteries

CCG will dry tacky, except for the Tack Free and Hydro. I use it mainly to coat poppers which allows me to apply some MOP art deco foil to add a bit of sparkle to the body. What I do is wipe the bodies with an alcohol wipe that removes the tackiness. I did the same thing when I tied up some Copper Johns and soft hackles where I coated the body to make them more durable.

I’m a big fan of Solarez. A fraction of the cost of other resins and seems to harden tack free

if whatever brand of uv resin you use is still tacky, just apply a thin coat of sally hansens hard as nails. no more tackiness

leaving your batch of tacky flies in the sun helps cure the resin

Loon Thin, Flex and KnotSense for flies. I tried the Solareze products but they seem to cure more slowly for me.

At the fly show in Lancaster today I got some of the same advice...the alcohol wipe, the sunlight was mentioned by one person but poo pooed by another. I got a recommendation on a different brand to try as well which I was able to pick up there (don't recall the name).
Appreciate the hints and also like the idea of using the tackiness to add sparkle to poppers cause they were the reason I wanted to try uv in the first place.

I just switched over to Bone Dry from Loon Thin. Kept having the tackiness with the loon. Before CCG went out of business, the Hydro was the best stuff. But Bone Dry is top notch. Dry in seconds with a strong light.

now the bloody flashlight won't work!!

Back