snowshoe

C

CRB

Boy it is getting very hard to find these days. I did find a brick and mortar shop that carried them but the color selection was poor. What's going on? It is harder than finding hackle during the hair crisis.

Flyfishers Paradise in State College carries it.

How do you like snowshoe? Is it similar to cdc as far as floatability? I should just pull the trigger and try it.

I have been using it to replace CDC and also wings on dries. It is more durable and floats better. It does not get slimed like cdc after catching a fish. I did not see it on their web site.

I just checked the 2014 catalog they gave me last time I was up. They have natural cream, tan, light fun, medium fun. I could've sworn I saw olive when I was there. Maybe give them a call. I ordered from them a few weeks ago and it shipped fast.

Feathercraft I got mine two years ago. Olive to. Bunny foot beats CDC standing up to slime. The phillips usual used to wack the trout on valley back in the golden sulphur years.

I have a snowshoe hare messing around with the spillage from my bird feeder on the front porch LOL! I've got a buddy saving a few for me. I might have to go on a bunny hunt this winter.

you mentioned it doesn't get slimed like the cdc, how long before you do have issues with it? I did pick up a rabbit foot at one of the shops down yonder...I need to tinker with it. I have a great cdc midge that passes for a spinner as well in cdc that is a 1 fish wonder unfortunately. The powder (frogs fanny) doesn't work either on it. It doesn't seem to be as effective sunk as well.

Has anyone ever dyed hares feet? Any tips?

Snowshoe to me indicates an actual snowshoe, but after reading down through a couple of responses I found out what you were actually asking.
Most good fly shops carry snowshoe hare., I believe Cableas, not a fly shop but they have materials, has snowshoe.

http://www.blue-ribbon-flies.com/shop/maine_snowshoe_rabbit_feet/

I did find what I was looking for but the prices and the selection of color is far poorer than 5 years ago. I hope the quality is still there. 5 years ago I was able to purchase these from an orvis shop for under $4 a pair.

Global warming is killing an inordinate number of snowshoe Hares .. White bunny on a snowless landscape makes for an easy target.

JG63 wrote:
Global warming is killing an inordinate number of snowshoe Hares .. White bunny on a snowless landscape makes for an easy target.
If that is the case, then there must be an abundance of them from last year, when the snow covered the ground from November to March.
Mike B

No I read it on the internet- snow goose poop is causing the polar ice caps to migrate south. Earth will start spinning sideways when the North pole is in Ecuador

here is what I've been tying.

Attachments

• cameria 084.JPG
    cameria 084.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 3
It's a heck of alot cheaper than CDC also. Works well for small flies.

-jk

Back