Snow Storm Browns

• Thread starter mike_richardson
  • Start date
mike_richardson

mike_richardson

I had the twins most of the weekend, and all the kids, for most of Saturday. After a long week of work, and the stress of twin 2.5 year old girls, I was in need of some stream time. I got the go ahead from my wife, and was able to leave my homewaters and go for a little trip. Staying true to my fashing I had very few flies tied up so Saturday night was a fun filled night scrambling to put together some flies to fish with Sunday Morning.

I was on the stream by 7:30. Water was perfect. Air temps were in the low 30's. I decided to nymph fish. I did tie up some zoo cougar/woolybugger hybrid type streamers, but only chucked on for about an hour. no fish moved on it so I stuck to my nymphing game plan.

The fish were very sluggish, and you could barely feel the hits. I ended up with 3 beautiful brownies for the morning. 2 on my coyote nymphs, and one on my coyote soft hackle.

These bigger nymphs have been the ticket for me this winter on browns.

My custom 10' 3 wt should be in tomorrow. Its been since July that I have been using an 8' 3wt rod. I'm so ready to have drag free drifts again, without having to hold my arm up. :)

Attachments

• butter.jpg
    butter.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 6
  • nice brown 1.jpg
    nice brown 1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 3
  • dink1.jpg
    dink1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 3
Nice report and some good looking typical brown trout. I need to hit smallmouths or walleye soon.

Beautiful fish Mike! I will definitely get a hold of you once the weather breaks. Best...Ken

Nice fish , great pics. I was thinking about going out Saturday but decided to just tie flies instead. Now I am kicking myself that I didn't get out for awhile. Again nice fish.

Back