Smith Creek rod clip

troutpoop

troutpoop

In the gadget thread the Smith Creek rod clip were mentioned a few times. They look like a great idea.
I use a Goertzen chest lanyard so no vest for attachment point.
Has anyone ever pinned one to their chest wader strap? Not sure if there would be enough support? Maybe on the Goertzen strap?

It’s a pin on accessory. Buy one and try where you like it best...it’s not a huge monetary investment. I can’t imagine you won’t be able to find a convenient place to put it on your person. Although I’m not sure a lanyard is ideal. Maybe pin it through your wader belt? Think you’ll be happy with it.

Free rod holders accessory is your wading belt. Tuck the rod butt or reel in the belt. Boom, done.

X 2. Wader belt Cheap, effective, Love mine. :-D

I always tucked the rod under my arm to free both hands .

Do more squats. Build bigger thighs. Place rod butt and reel between enormous thighs. Turn to your buddies and wave rod around like a 9' phallus. Chug beer. Profit.

SurfCowboyXX wrote:
Do more squats. Build bigger thighs. Place rod butt and reel between enormous thighs. Turn to your buddies and wave rod around like a 9' phallus. Chug beer. Profit.

That could pose a problem for some of us vertically challenged anglers in high water . :lol:

I generally have my wading staff and net holster thingy on my wading belt. I'll have to experiment if there is room to stick rod in there too.

My initial thought is to determine if the wader strap will hold the weight of the rod in the Smith Creek thing.

I'll also stuff the rod butt / reel in the top of my waders when retying a leader or something pretty involved.

SurfCowboyXX wrote:

THAT WON'T HELP IN WAIST DEEP WATER...IF SOMEONE IS FISHING 9FT AWAY THEY HAVE BIGGER PROBLEMS.

ARMPIT.

krayfish2: That's what I do, too. I put the rod/reel deep INSIDE my waders while I take care of more complicated changes or repairs to my terminal rig.

I have one, I got it as a gift. Typically it’s attached to my vest, although I don’t see why you couldn’t clip it to something else. I like it a lot, it has a tight grip.

Back