Small Piece of Tanned Mink Fur - FREE

mt_flyfisher

mt_flyfisher

A number of years ago, my wife inherited a couple beautiful, and probably expensive in their day, full length mink coats that had belonged to her mother and grandmother. She was never going to wear them so she had stuffed teddy bears made from the mink fur for our grandchildren, and I ended up getting a bag of the scrap pieces that was left over.

Over time, I’ve tied some successful nymph patterns using this mink. I’ve used the guard hairs, for example, in a dubbing loop to tie a collar on a small Caddis pupa pattern that’s caught a lot of fish for me. However, I still have more mink fur than I’ll ever use.

I’ll give away small pieces of this mink fur to the first persons that reply to me, as long as I have some of it remaining. I probably have enough for 5-10 people. All that I ask is that either you come to pick it up where I live in New Holland, PA (east of Lancaster), where we’ll make the exchange with accepted social distancing, or you can send me $2.00 via PayPal to cover the shipping costs and I’ll mail you a piece of it.

As I said, these will be small pieces because I’d like to fit them into 4”x 6” poly envelopes that I already have. So, you might get only 8 to 12 sq. inches or so, but enough to tie several dozen or more flys.

Email me at flyfisher_17557 to make arrangements to get a piece in person, or email me your PayPal address, and I’ll send you an invoice for $2.00. (Once you send me $2.00, I can use your PayPal shipping address to prepare the shipping label and ship a piece to you.)

Thanks, John

mt_flyfisher wrote:

I’ll give away small pieces of this mink fur...

So, you might get only 8 to 12 sq. inches or so, but enough to tie several dozen or more flys.

A piece at 8-12 square inches would only tie, oh, I don't know..... more flies than most guys could probably ever use! :-o

Nice gesture on your part John! :)

Hi John,
I tried to contact you via email but was unsuccessful. If any of this material is still available, is there another way to reach you?
Thanks,
Len

Len -

I do not know what happened to my email address that I originally posted. My post seems to have been edited by someone?

Anyway, you can email me at flyfisher_17557@yahoo.com (preferable) or send me a PM here, but I don’t always check for PM’s regularly.

John

Back