Slow site

beadhead2

beadhead2

For the past week or so paflyfish forum has been slow !
It used to be really fast
Thanks
beadhead2

Agreed. I have confirmed with a few other members. No other sites are impacted for me. It took a couple minutes to get into this forum to report it.

its odd, too, in that its random. sometimes mid day, or late night, even this morning. its not just high traffic times.

Timing out at 12:08 AM. There was 2 members and 3 guest viewing. Interestingly it got faster after I posted issue.

Just letting you know that Dave has been made aware that people are having these issues and will surely correct it as soon as he can.

If this occurs, make note of the time of occurence what you were doing and if any error messages are revealed such as "site timed out" or whatever. This will help Dave narrow down why the issues are arising.

Incidentally, I have not had any of these issues that I can recall, though occasional slowdowns on the internet probably don't stick in my memory.

The report of these problems in detail is very much appreciated.

Thanks Jack. You would likely notice these that we are speaking of as it can literally take 1-2 minutes to open a link. I have only had a time out a couple of times. When this occurs, I check other open browsers and the other sites are fine confirming its just the PAFF site.

Its not overall network timeouts, either, its to the website. One of the errors I'll get back is the white page with the simple text "Click here to return to forums" (paraphrased).

I don't know if I've ever seen an actual webserver issue.

I'm no expert, but based on the error that comes back, I'd say its almost like the PAFF software is timing out during parsing, rather than a server issue where load on the machine or network is the source of the issue.

Talk to Dave about that. I had to look up too many words to get through the first sentence. Me know nothing about servers, software, or pathways along the tubes that carry the bursts of wind that make the internet work.

You can start your own forum free-and then have fun seeing how the wizard of oz works-

Got it and see it. I am having to upgrade the site to the next level hosting. I will let you know, but working on a fix.

Dave

Well as you may have seen the site has been upgraded and hopefully will be able to keep up with us. I just saw 56 users in the forum. that is the most I have ever seen at one time. Seems to be doing fine.

Dave

Back