sling packs.

S

somersetian

Anyone use them? I hate vests, and my little side bag thing is getting annoying. I don't mind using a regular backpack, but the idea of the sling pack is the ability to swing it around for easy access right? Plenty of them cheap on ebay.

I just made the switch from a vest to the sling pack about 2 months ago and I love it. It takes a little time to get used to the change but other than that I love the change. You can hold more, use it as a day pack to carry rain gear, food, water, and what ever else you can think of.

I love mine.

I don't use a sling pack because I think it would interfere with my my Richardson chest fly box. I do use a waist pack and find it easy to swing it into and out of use.

I'm planning on trying a sling pack. I'm getting sick of my chest box.

I use an Orvis one that I really like. haven't put the vest on in months

I like the sling cause you can push it around back outta your way and see where youre wading. I use the smaller orvis pack.

I'm going to get a generic one off ebay. Some of the "Outdoors Sling Backpacks" look like they actually have more separate compartments and storage, not to mention I am a cheapskate.

Grass is always greener- I have cycled through them all, chest , vests, slings. Now I just put 2 fly boxes in shirt or jacket and lanyard with drinks in the small of my back in my waders. My days of going way out with a lunch for 7-9 hours are over. I just come back and eat now. More than 2 boxes is overkill- like there's not more than 4-5 bugs that could be hatching anyway.

I have the Simms smaller sling pack and love it. The only problem I am currently having is I can't find a good place to hook my net onto.

D-ring and carabiner on your wader belt?

^what i do. Works alright.

Back